Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On My Easel 2

Happiness is essentially a state of going somewhere, wholeheartedly, one-directionally, without regret or reservation.
William H. Sheldon

Venice! I followed Sheldon's advice and found he was right on. Right now I am spending all of my free time doing genealogy. No matter how hard I search I cannot find any Italian ancestors. This is very frustrating as I love all things Italian and am convinced that since my mother's maiden name was an Italian one, I must have a few drops of Italian blood in my veins. Anyway, I am enjoying working on this little painting of a canal in Venice. There's a lot more detail to go in but it's coming along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job on the water. If I touch the canvas my hand will come away wet!