Friday, September 12, 2008

Quick Sketches


Man arrives as a novice at each age of his life.
Sebastien Chamfort

When I came across this quote I felt a divine sense of relief. Suddenly I realized it's okay not to know exactly what to do next or where to go with things. I've always felt as if each day was a new beginning but with that new beginning comes an uncertainty. Each day is a new path ~ a new adventure. Albeit unknown, just to be aware of one's future potential is a magnificent gift. In this sense we are all beginners. Anyway, above are two quick charcoal sketches I made ~ one a young girl just starting out, the other a woman who has been around the block a few times. Each one, though, is just stepping out again for the first time. I love doing these quick sketches, not just trying to capture movement but trying to capture a sense of anticipation and expectation in the figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!