Monday, November 10, 2008

The Lipstick


Is dishwater dull? Naturalists with microscopes have told me that it teems with quiet fun.
G. K. Chesterton


Today I organized my studio. What sounds like a dull job was actually very fun. I didn't organize my paints and brushes and my "hazardous chemicals" ~ but I did organize all the projects I've had sitting around for months. Now I know what needs framing, what needs, varnishing, what needs finishing, and, sadly, what just needs to be put down. Anyway, this little painting is going on a new page I hope to add to my web site. I'm going to be posting small (very small) paintings for sale. Duane Keiser a very well known artist from Virginia began a "painting a day" craze on the internet. I love following his works! At any rate, while I won't be able to produce a painting a day I am hoping to be disciplined enough to get a few new paintings up and on the web every week. Keep posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has always been one of my favorites

Anonymous said...

I the quote from Gil Chesterton, the famed food critic?