Thursday, September 28, 2017


          We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.

                                                                           Charles Kingsley

          The above quote is so true.  This little painting above just came together so well and I was very happy while doing it.  It seems the more I plan a painting the more frustrated I become which is why I have been so long away from this blog.  The large painting that has been sitting on my easel for months is now sitting in the back of a small closet in my studio.   And there it will remain for awhile. We are not speaking right now.  It's best I have come to believe to let the subject matter pick the painter sometimes rather than the other way around.  I found a small black and white photo of the arrangement above, fell in love with it right away, and let the colors develop during the process.  Over time we became close friends.  This one can come out of the studio and stay in the house.


No comments: