Monday, June 29, 2009

Wildflowers

























Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying.

Mason Cooley


I love this little bouquet of wildflowers. There was no source material for this painting ~ sometimes I just like to see what shows up on the canvas. As far as the quote above, it just seemed to fit right in with how I'm feeling about being an artist right now. I'm not sure where it's going but I'm just going to keep on plugging away.

Oh, a little update on the Megilp. While cleaning out some files I found an article from the June, 2005 Artist's Magazine saying that the new medium from Gamblin ~ New Megilp ~ doesn't yellow or darken over time but still provides a luminous quality to oil paint. Now I'm glad I bought that bottle at Pearl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shadows are very good, and I like the fact that you are hanging in.

Keep up the inspired work!

Anonymous said...

Please keep posting. The quotes are inspiring!