Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Pear

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.

Charles Kingsley

I love New Year's Day! I love the idea of fresh beginnings ~ a chance to start anew, get organized, and make plans. That's where this pear came from ~ I plan to finish up many of my projects that have been sitting on the back burner. This one required about an hour of finishing touches. Of course, no painting is ever truly done in the eyes of an artist but I'm walking away from this one (for now). There's a lot I'm not happy with (the ribbon for one) but a lot I am happy with (the texture of the pear). Anyway, happy new year ~ may it be a healthy and peaceful one.

No comments: