Friday, October 3, 2014

Lily of the Valley






Creativity is more than just being different.  Anybody can plan weird; that's easy.  What's hard is to be as simple as Bach.  Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
                              
                                                                       Charles Mingus

I have been working on this one for quite awhile ~ not quite finished with it but thought I would post it anyway.  Although the composition may look simple I was working without a photograph or a set-up.  I wanted to keep the number of things in the painting to a minimum, concentrating more on the lighting.  Mingus' was quite right in his definition of creativity.  I have been adding layers of paint and glazes trying to get the feel of the pot's shape and weight on the canvas.  Now I will go back and try to add more depth and shape to the flowers.  Simple, yes, but complicated.  Ying and yang, again. 

No comments: