Saturday, January 16, 2021

Jasper

 



     Ever wonder where you’d end up if you took your dog for a walk and never once pulled back on the leash?

                              Robert Breault

This is a drawing of my imaginary dog, Jasper.  He and I have grown very close during the pandemic.  Very easy to maintain, never once stepping in his water bowl, and a surprisingly good listener, I worry our time together is growing short.  I have forgotten when he actually came into being but know that he has been with me for many years.  The only bad thing about Jasper is that I can’t take him for walks without drawing unwanted attention.  This has become even more distressing with the upsurge of “real dog” walkers in my neighborhood.  Mask wearing strollers linger on street corners 6 feet apart and actually socialize.  I drew Jasper from a photograph and really enjoyed working with colored pencils.  If you don’t relish staying in the lines steer clear of coloring books ~ you’ll be surprised. AND   you can have anything you want for a pet!

No comments: