Friday, January 8, 2010

Red Morning Bouquet
























This is a prime example of why I need to take a course on how to photograph oil paintings to be posted on the computer. This painting looks much better in person (even if I do say so myself). Anyway, I have finally decided to make the flowers red. There is an underpainting of shades of blue and then another of shades of white which are working to give them some depth. Next step will be to get to work on the greenery and add more dimension to the pot. So far I'm pleased with how the light is cascading across the tips of the flowers ~ by darkening the greenery they should pop out even more. That's my leap!

Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how. The moment you know how, you begin to die a little. The artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.

Agnes de Mille

No comments: