Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Window










Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.

Thomas A. Edison


Last weekend we took a trip to Winter Park, Florida. It is one of the most charming towns I have ever been in. One long street divides the town in two ~ a beautiful park on one side and a residential neighborhood on the other with beautiful homes overlooking tranquil lakes. The street is one long avenue of restaurants and shops. Although I still intend to finish off a lot of unfinished projects I was so taken with a small photograph in one of the shops I had to stop on the way home and pick up a small canvas and get to work on this little painting. I love the simplicity of the composition as well as the color scheme. Don't let the bed ruffle fool you ~ the black is just an underpainting for something softer.

No comments: