Tuesday, December 1, 2020

            

                    Distance not only gives nostalgia, but perspective and maybe objectivity. 
                                                  Robert Morgan


             When in the company of a giraffe I have often thought of it as being rather aloof ~ probably an attitude it adopted as a result of being lonely.  After coming across Robert Morgan's quote I now see the towering giraffe in a whole new light.  How fortunate he is!  Way up there he has the solitude and the time to evaluate what is happening around him.  He can embrace his emotional response, rightly conclude that he is seeing things from only one viewpoint, an enviably unique one, and only then chose whether to remain merely an observer or to become part of the action.  It seems to me a good idea to slow down and take a page out of the giraffe's book.  I'm definitely going to keep this one peeking out of the bamboo where I can see it.    

No comments: