Thursday, September 24, 2009

Morning Bouquet 2

There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, and all things in succession. That which grows slowly endures.

J. G. Holland











I like the quote above ~ slow and sure wins the race! Here is the result of my second session with the Morning Bouquet. Although there doesn't seem to be too much progress at first glance there's actually a lot of new stuff going on. The table has taken on more dimension and the vase is starting to appear in the background. Another thing that is becoming very clear to me is that there is too much light in the upper right corner. Although it's not quite so obvious in person, the photograph really brings out the contrast. I had originally thought I would do red flowers but now am thinking maybe white. For now, I'm just going to keep working on the background. Once I darken the corner and add a little more green it will be easier to reach a decision on the flowers. No rush ~ steady progress.

No comments: