Monday, October 26, 2015

Solitude

Night, when words fade and things come alive, when the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again.  When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree.

                                         Antoine de Saint-Exupery

         While I may have inadvertently added glazes to my paintings before I am consciously using them on this one.  Even though I feel as if I have been working on this one for years (which I actually have off and on) it also feels as if I have just begun.  So far I have only glazed over the windows in the boat and the inside of the row boat.  And I have only added very light glazes.  Over the next several weeks I plan to experiment a lot more and see how the glaze applications will add depth to the overall composition. This technique takes quite a bit of patience as each coat must be allowed to completely dry before the next one is applied.  Thank goodness I have many other projects to work on ~ too many! 

No comments: