Thursday, August 11, 2016

Jennifer the Giraffe

Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes it visible.

                                                 Paul Klee

           Since doing the drawing of the steer (see last post) I am spending a lot more time looking at my subject before I put my pencil to paper.  The one most important thing an aspiring artist should learn, in my opinion, is how to see.  We are all always in such a rush to do something that we miss countless opportunities to actually see something.  So far in Jennifer's face I have used various shades of green, orange, red, purple, blue, black, white, yellow and brown.  Who knew Jennifer was such a "painted lady?"  This time I am working from a photograph not a painting so it is a little more difficult to see all the colors ~ but they are definitely there!  I find that I am enjoying the search for them ~ delighted when I find a new one.  Try it.

No comments: