Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Steer

In creating the only hard thing's to begin; A grass blade's no easier to make than an oak.
                                                  James Russell Lowell

 Teresa Elliott painted this steer and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.  The above is my colored pencil attempt at capturing his charm.  As usual with my drawings I started out with a simple sketch and then worked from the top left corner across and down.  While I was pleased with the horns I must admit that the mop of hair on the top of his head gave me lots of problems.  The bottom line, however, is that I just don't care for his hairdo.  I finally convinced myself to move on and when I reached the bottom left hand corner I was much more pleased with his tail.  Google Teresa Elliott ~ her work is amazing.

No comments: