Friday, February 13, 2009

Flowering Branch 3
























People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.

Iris Murdoch


I have now started to put the highlights and shadows into the flower even though I haven't decided what color it's actually going to be. The source I'm working from is an intricate black and white line drawing. Originally I had thought the flower would be white but am now leaning toward red. At this point, though, there's still a lot of work getting in the detail. The original under drawing is now completely covered so it's a matter of painting from the source. If I do decide to make it a different color it will be through applying a series of glaces. Time to put this one aside for awhile.

No comments: