Monday, July 8, 2013



Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness.  It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

                                                Helen Keller

My instructor at the Crealde Art School (www.mycfcf.org) helped me to visualize this painting as a family ~ the older large pot, two grown pots, and the baby pot out front and center.  There is always a new way to look at things!  The dark shadows in the photograph really gave depth to the composition so I emphasized them even more in my painting.  Because of the subtle colors in the painting I tried to keep the light a bit subdued as it reflects off the pots.  Much to my delight upon completion it was accepted at the juried student art show now in progress at the school. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why were you surprised to be selected?

Very pleasing work!