Monday, July 21, 2008

An Italian Villa


No house should ever be on a hill, or on anything. It should be of the hill. Hill and house should live together, each the happier for the other.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I think Mr. Wright would have been very happy with how the architect worked with the builder in placing this house within nature. We were walking on the path on the left hand side of the painting when we turned the corner and saw this beautiful, old home. Anyway, I posted about this painting back in the end of April. The original house is stucco and actually resembles more of the right hand side of the painting. Even though it's a beautiful building I thought it needed a little more interest so I made the left side appear more rough. I had intended to come back and do the same to the right side but have decided that I like the contrast. Wonder who lives there.

No comments: