Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mixed Bouquet
























A work of art is a corner of creation seen through a temperament.
Emile Zola

My critic brought me a huge bouquet of flowers the other day ~ the inspiration for this painting. While I usually labor over each stroke I thought I would attempt a more impressionistic style this time. This initial painting certainly went much faster than starting with a detailed drawing. There's still much to be done here but I am enjoying the process very much ~ it's a nice alternative to the current work I'm doing in the Sunflowers. These flowers look nothing like the flowers sitting on my kitchen counter. As a matter of fact, I didn't even bring the bouquet into the studio. I just painted the beauty of the gift of them that was in my mind's eye. They made me happy.

3 comments: