Monday, June 16, 2008

Key West Rooster ~ Finished



Painting, n: the art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic.

Ambrose Bierce



Here's the original photograph of the the Key West Rooster that I worked from. I really enjoyed working on this painting as it brought back memories of visiting my Grandmother's house on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. My Mom often spoke of being sent out into the backyard when she was a little girl to catch a chicken and kill it for dinner. Aren't we all thankful to Frank Purdue?

At any rate, I'm going to set this aside for about six months and then come back and give it a coat of varnish. Although the composition makes the painting appear rectangular it is actually 24" x 24". Hope you enjoyed seeing the progress. I'll be coming up with a new project to take its place.

No comments: