Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Mating Game 4


The last thing a woman will consent to discover in a man whom she loves, or on whom she simply depends, is want of courage.

Joseph Conrad

The best paintings in my opinion tell a story and that's what I'm hoping to convey here. Is the little lady in the front beginning to look shy? I hope so. And does it look like the swan on the left is beginning to muster some courage to try to head the other swan off? At any rate I worked all day today getting more shading done. My class is on Thursday and I'm hoping to get some pointers on getting both the swans and the water to look more realistic. I'll have to let this dry until then so I can add some bold brush strokes to create feathers. I know my instructor is going to want me to add some foliage but I kind of like the serenity of the water in contrast to the emotional struggle going on. Ying and yang.



1 comment:

Melanie said...

I can't believe how great that bill is looking on the swan in the background...