Friday, April 16, 2010

The Mating Game


The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

I have decided to go back to my original idea for this blog which is to trace a painting from its very beginning. Last week I went to the Palm Beach Zoo ~ a surprise outing but fortunately I had my camera along. After going through all the photos I decided to use a few of some beautiful swans I had taken. I printed them, cut them up and rearranged them to form a three-way flirting fest. The story will be a little clearer as I get to their facial expressions. For starters I just wanted to get them placed correctly with each other and on the canvas. It wasn't until I had gotten fairly into blocking everything in that I noticed the swan's body on the left is heart shaped ~ perfect symbolism for a love story.

No comments: