Friday, May 2, 2008

Key West Rooster 2



This latest session with the Key West Rooster shows the steps now angled out giving more of a three dimensional effect. The top of the steps and the back of the steps are also now closer in color giving them more uniformity. Adding more texture to the exterior of the hen house ties it a bit better to the interior. Also lightening the top and gradually darkening it as it comes closer to the ground works to make it seem more stable and solid . I'm still not happy with it though ~ not quite sure if the color works or if it needs more weathering or if it needs some architectural interest. Next session I'll check out some pictures of old barns on the web before I start. As I was finishing up today my husband (and best critic) came into the studio and immediately commented on the rooster's feet ~ to quote "what a great French pedicure" ~ guess I need to tone the nails down a bit!

No comments: